Mango & Chocolate Chips Cake- Eggless

My toddler started Montessori last Monday, and thankfully for him, and also me, he loves going to school :D. I do feel a sense of slight sadness and also happiness...you know the feeling i'm talking about rite....the all in one kinda emotion. The first day i had tears in my eyes watching him just working his way, and making his adjustments with the new environment. His teacher came and told me he is very independent and i told her that he is..and thought to myself how quickly life is passing by..my baby is out to make a mark in the world and i have to allow him to come out of the cocoon i had him in..sob..sob ;(.


Anyways, i am just glad he is adjusting so well, i really would not know how to handle if he was all tears and cries. To celebrate the success of my son's first week at school and also the much awaited monsoon showers i decided to make this cake with the combination of my favorite fruit and my son's favorite treat. Mango + Chocolate Chips = Happiness!


This cake is moist, sweet, chocolaty and with a hint of fruitiness from the mango puree, perfect for a monsoon afternoon treat and one approved (surprisingly) by my hubby (the no fruit or veggies in my cakes wala) :D. A cake with simple ingredients, no fuss preparation and absolutely & utterly delicious a bite-at-a-time. Great with a bit of Vanilla Ice cream too.


Ingredients:
11/2 Cups - Plain Flour/Maida
1 Tsp - Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp - Baking Soda
1/2 Cup - Sugar
3/4 Cup - Mango Puree
1/2 Cup - Chocolate Chips
2 Tbsps - Milk
1/2 Cup - Veg' Oil

Method:
Preheat the oven @ 170 C and prepare a square cake pan and keep aside..
Sieve the flour, baking powder and baking soda in a mixing bowl.
In another bowl blend the mango puree, sugar and oil using a hand held blender.
Pour the wet over the flour mixture and mix to combine, add the milk and mix further to incorporate.
Once the batter is smooth and well combined, fold in the chocolate chips.
Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
Once done, let cool. cut into squares and serve.

Comments

Popular Posts